Tuesday 9 August 2011

Postcards from Europe

Today I sent off my postcard for Postcards for Europe, a project my good friend Kat is involved in, the brief was to create a postcard based on the place where you live and work. I was a bit stumped about what to do, most of my time is split between home (Warrington) and Manchester where I work part time and spend nearly all of my free time, I have to do my creative work at home though. I wanted to try and capture the two 'worlds' in 2 simple images, the tracks for all of the travelling (this is probably when I think the most!) and the old garage is the view from my desk. I've never used it in my work before but it's something that I've always been fascinated by since I was a little girl and I have a really vivid memory of being told off by the owner of the garage for playing behind it. As I always find myself staring out of the window at it willing for something to come and inspire me, the garage seemed like the perfect item to sum up my working home. Anyway here is the postcard:


I just hope it arrives in time!

Here's the project blog: http://postcardsfromeurope.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment