Thursday 9 February 2012

Derbyshire

Over the Christmas period I went away with my parents, we stayed in a really lovely cottage in a quaint little village called Lytton (I think, bad memory!). During this time we went on a few walks and I took my camera with me on one of these walks. This was actually a bit of a mistake as it was really windy and at one point the lenscap blew out of my hand. Anyway I took some photos of the hills and rocks and over the past few weeks, when I've had a spare moment I've started to paint/draw some of these scenes. I just really wanted to use some colour and do something creative, I feel like I've been so busy recently I haven't had time to enjoy drawing and painting. Anyway here's a couple of them and one that I photocopied and worked into more.

1 comment:

  1. These are great. The first one is quite David Gentleman-esque -- a very good thing to be, in my book.

    ReplyDelete