Tuesday 22 January 2013

Drawing School

Apologies for neglecting my blog for a few months but I've been busy with various things and it's just been forgotten about!

I just wanted to post about a project that I'm doing in a few weeks with the Turnpike Gallery in Leigh. I'll be running two drawing classes during half term; the Junior Drawing School which will be for children aged 8-11 and the Drawing School for Young People for 11-16 year olds.

I'm really excited about the classes as I've got some really fun drawing based activities planned for the groups; I'll be taking the term drawing really loosely and showing the children some more experimental ways to make imagery and hopefully giving them plenty of useful ideas to take home with them.

The classes are £6 for the Junior Drawing School and £10 for the Drawing School for Young People - both prices include two sessions, one with me and one with another local artist Jenna Parton. The classes take place on the 12th and 13th February and there are still places available.

To book call Turnpike Gallery on 01942 404420

Here's a couple of pages from my sketchbooks to inspire!



No comments:

Post a Comment