Wednesday 19 November 2014

Hot Bed Press - Complete Printmakers

In February 2014 I started the Complete Printmakers course at Hot Bed Press, an open access print studio based in Salford. The course is just under a year long (I've got another 3-4 weeks left on it) and offers the opportunity to try a variety of traditional print processes. Over the next few days and weeks I'm going to be posting some photos of the work that I've produced and my thoughts about each of the processes.

I decided to enrol on the course as I wanted to explore some new ways of working after being confined to working with pen, pencil, watercolours and my Mac for 3 years or so. I wanted to learn some processes that were a bit more hands-on and that would make me think about how I want to develop my work. The course has been challenging at times as the processes can be tricky and we've been learning a new method every couple of weeks so it's been fast paced! The experience has been a positive one though, I've learnt a lot and there are so many areas of print that I want to try further and now I have the basic skills to start exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment