Sunday 11 April 2010

Chivalry

This week I've been working on a project for my good friend Joe Taylor, he (and others) made a short film for their final project on their course and Joe asked me to do some illustrations for the title sequence, he wanted it to be quite story-bookish and the story was based around a knight and an old woman who finds the Holy Grail. I began by doing drawings of the props, characters etc and yesterday I spent literally the whole day photographing the sequence.

Inspired by some work by Container Plus I decided to use an actual book as a set and use the drawings and lettering to create a 2D/3D set. As I've mentioned on here before photography isn't my strongest point and lighting is always trouble for me so I'm not 100% sure about the photos. I wanted them to be quite shadowy to give the impression of medieval-ness and candlelight etc. part of the film is set in a junk shop so the shadowy darkness also applies to that.

Below are the 11 images that I edited quickly this morning, I think they still need a bit of work and I need some help to make the light look a bit better but I'm still happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment