Tuesday 1 November 2011

Yorkshire

Last week I stayed in a cottage for a few days near Settle in Yorkshire. It was such a lovely holiday as I was outside so much walking and enjoying the countryside. It made a great change from sitting in my studio (my room) all cooped up with about a whole house worth of stuff in one room with me.

I took some photos to hopefully use as a bit of inspiration for some drawing, the colours alone make me excited to do something based on the images. I love the dark and gloomy looking grey skies contrasted with the burnt orange and murky greens of the hills. Here's a selection of the photos, I started to use a giant roll of paper as a new sort of sketchbook today so hopefully I can use it to capture some elements of from the photos, I've already been playing around with some inky dry stone wall paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment